English and Netherlands (Dutch) for specific and academic purposes (ESP, EAP)
Philosophy, Methodology, Flexibility
A good teaching philosophy is much more important than any methodology.
Some methodologies presented as being the best or most modern, often end up being mere recipes or even straitjackets. They often tie teacher and learner down more than they aid the learning process.
Good teaching is based on the philosophy of always trying to find out what a certain learner wants and needs to learn. using elements from all known different methodologies or approaches and , whenever necessary, developing new techniques and material in order to adapt the teaching to the learner. Following these principles, Ton van Hattum is able to help help his pupils in efficiently learning to communicate adequately in English and Netherlands.
Focus on conversation and text interpretation.
Text production, optional.
Roleplay simulations of everyday and work related situations, including problem solving.
- Not only correct use of grammar and vocabulary are evaluated and trained but just as important, the learners capacity to present thoughts logically and clearly during conversation.
- Course customized to students' private and professional goals.
- Preparation for international symposia and work visits.
- training, individual or groups, at Avenida Augusto de Lima 1646 sala 1603, Barro Preto, Belo Horizonte
or on-site (in-company).
- Preparation for exams like Cambridge (KET, PET, CAE, FCE, proficiency) IELTS, TOEFL.
- Tourist travel.